Saturday, December 30, 2017

101 So Bad, They're Good Dad Jokes, by Elias Hill

There's something to be said for accurately titled books.  101 So Bad, They're Good Dad Jokes is full of 101 dad jokes, some of which are pretty good, some of which are pretty bad, and some of which are so bad they're good.  Elias Hill must have has fun putting this together.

One positive thing about this book is that the jokes, even thought they're pretty bad, seemed somewhat original.  I had heard very few of them before.  Whether that means Hill is an original joke writer, or maybe I have been sheltered from exposure to these bad jokes, I don't know.

Katherine Hogan illustrates each joke with a Dad and his interlocutor.  Despite the goofy drawings and the uneven quality of the jokes, I was inspired to commit some of these to memory so I can pull them out at appropriate times, especially when a bad dad joke will sufficiently embarrass my kids.


Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!



No comments:

Post a Comment