Sunday, October 11, 2015

Poorly Drawn Lines, by Reza Farazmand

Silly.  Simple.  Off-beat.  Existential.  Random.  Hilarious.  Questionable.  Profane.  Absurd.  Poorly Drawn Lines calls all of the above to mind.  Reza Faramand has compiled some of his comics from poorlydrawnlines.com, plus some short essays, into this book.

If you have an appreciation for off-beat, random humor, you will enjoy his take on dating, life in space,  being a writer, soap, drinking and other essentials of life.  (By the way, Poorly Drawn Lines is not for children.  Rated-R language.)

Here's a selection that I could really relate to:
I know you see me . . . I see that little glance and I know you're watching me reach for the cantaloupe again.
Seven.  I've had seven pieces of cantaloupe. . . . Look at the chewed-out rinds glazing over in a haphazard stack on my paper plate.  Count them.  Count them and judge me as you look toward the cantaloupe bowl and then down at your napkin, which you're using as a plate because you've had only two slices . . . .
I'm the wolf of cantaloupe and I will eat it all and feel nothing of this shame you try to project at me . . .
Oh, yeah.  I'm going out to buy some cantaloupe now.



Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment