Sunday, April 2, 2017

I Love You with All My Butt, by Martin Bruckner

Here's a sure-fire hit: take the super-cute things little kids say, illustrate them imaginatively and colorfully, and viola, you have a fun book that will make your kids laugh out loud.  I say this from experience, because I heard my son laughing himself silly, and when I came to investigate he was flipping through Martin Bruckner's I Love You with All My Butt: An Illustrated Book of Big Thoughts from Little Kids.

Bruckner started with his own kids' funny quotes, then solicited others.  They said cute things like this:
"Volcanoes are the earth's butt.  That's how the earth gets the gas out!"
"I'm sorry.  Will you please respect my apology?"
"If you see a snake in a fruit tree, don't believe him!"
"I need a tissue to wipe my feelings."
Now imagine how you might illustrate the above.  Even better, pick up I Love You with All My Butt! and see Bruckner's illustrations.  I guarantee you'll get some smiles out of it, and, if you're anything like my son, some belly laughs, too.


Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!

I would be remiss not to include some examples:


No comments:

Post a Comment