Saturday, July 29, 2017

Actually. Best. Jokes. Ever. Jokes for Kids, by Chantelle Grace

Is Chantelle Grace's joke collection actually full of the best jokes ever?  I don't know, but Actually. Best. Jokes. Ever. Jokes for Kids lives up to the name.  Kids will love these jokes, and dorky dads like me will love telling them to the kids.

I'll have to remember some of these so I can induce groans from my family.  My favorite sections were the puns and riddles.

"I went to a restaurant last night and had the Wookie steak.  It was a little Chewy."

"My friend made a joke about a TV controller.  It wasn't remotely funny."

"How do you make the number one disappear?  Add a g to it, and it's gone."

"A king, queen, and twins are in a room.  How are there no people in the room?  They are beds."

I wasn't as thrilled with the "Tricky Titles," book titles with silly authors, like I'm Fine, by Howard Yu.  There was also a section of "Tasty Toungue Twisters" that seemed out of place.  Other than that, the book lives up to its name for the intended audience.

I'd be curious to know how many of these jokes, riddles, and puns are original with the author.  Many are old standards, but there are plenty I had never heard.  It made me curious as to whether Grace simply collects and compiles these, or if she's coming up with some on her own.  In any case, your elementary school child will surely get a kick out of many of these jokes.



Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment