Sunday, May 7, 2017

Questions Asked, by Jostein Gaarder, illustrated by Akin Düzakin

Jostein Gaarder has questions.  In Questions Asked, the Norwegian author asks many of those questions that bug all of us.

  • Where does the world come from?
  • Can anyone know what I think?
  • How do my legs go where I want them to go while my mind is elsewhere?
  • What is time?
  • Why am I alive?
  • What happens when I die?

Jostein Gaarder does not have any answers.  At least not in this book.  What he does have is some beautiful illustrations by Akin Düzakin, which follow a little boy's adventures and ponderings.

Questions Asked can be a great conversation starter.  I can imagine reading this with my own child, or in a therapy session, or, if a teacher is brave, in a classroom.  Be prepared for some lengthy discussions.



Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment