Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Six Million Dollar Man, Season 6, by James Kuhoric

I grew up watching the Six Million Dollar Man on TV.  When we played in the yard, I would pretend to be Steve Austin, meaning I would be super strong and move in slow motion.  I thought I might enjoy a little retro-fun with these Six Million Dollar Man comics.  I wasn't wrong.

The iconic TV show lasted 5 seasons, thus James Kuhoric has written a comic, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 6, in which he updates Steve Austin while keeping in character with the original series.  The plot is much more intense than the shows I remember.  But I watched this when I was 7, so how would I know?  The one thing I remember for sure is the cool sound effect when the bionics go into action!  I like the way that was illustrated here.

The story was pretty wild and far-fetched.  But why not?  It's good fun, definitely a treat for fans of the classic TV show.








Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the complimentary electronic review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment