Thursday, January 12, 2012

God Gave Us Two, by Lisa Tawn Bergren

When the little polar bear's mother is expecting a cub, Little Cub is full of questions.  Mama and Papa reassure her as best they can: "God gave us you.  Now he's given us two!"  As Mama's lap shrinks, Little Cub becomes convinced that Mama's and Papa's love will only continue to grow when another cub comes along.
With Laura L. Bryant's beautiful art, featuring the bears' Arctic animal friends and lots of snow, Lisa Tawn Bergren's little story makes me want to snuggle up with my little cubs.  I read God Gave Us Two to my two boy cubs, but I think they think they're beyond such cuddliness.  When I asked E, age 12, whether he liked the book, he grunted, "No!  It's for little kids!"  When I assured him that I meant did he think it was good for little kids, he agreed that it was a good book.  Unfortunately, Z, age 10 and infinitely distractible, was long gone.

God Gave Us Two is one of at least a half dozen Bergren/Bryant collaborations.  I would definitely recommend it for the preschool/toddler set.




Thanks to Waterbrook/Multnomah for the complimentary review copy!
Rate my review of this book here:


No comments:

Post a Comment